It’s Tuesday and that means it’s time for another SHOOT Quick Tip!
Purse carry is very popular among women. Off the body carry in a bag or purse requires some specific attention though. Because a bag can be carried in so many different ways, those who choose to carry a firearm this way need to keep some additional things in mind.
In last week’s shooting tip we discussed how important consistency is when carrying a gun concealed in purse. This week’s SHOOT Quick Tip discusses the times when you may not be able to wear your purse, specifically when on a drive in your car.
SHOOT Tip – Pistol Packing in a Purse and Driving
- Take care when putting your purse down.
- Place your purse within easy reach but not anywhere where it could impede with your driving.
- Keep your bag close to you and never within reach of children.
- Orient the purse so that you will have quick access to the firearm but also ensure that the gun is pointed in a safe direction.
- Remember that carrying a firearm is a huge responsibility and that you are responsible for your firearm at all times.
For more useful information on shooting please check out my other shooting tips right here on the website and also read more in my book, SHOOT: Your Guide to Shooting and Competition available in both print and eBook.
[uds-billboard name=”billboard_blog_ads” ]