Tuesday is SHOOT Quick Tip day!
If you choose to carry a firearm concealed remember that YOU are responsible for your firearm at all times. Many women choose to carry a firearm concealed in a purse. A valid concern with purse carry is control of the firearm. Your purse can be snatched away from you much more easily than a gun that is carried on your body. Because of these concerns, off the body carry in a bag or purse requires some specific attention.
That said, this week’s SHOOTing tip lists some things you should keep in mind if you choose to carry a firearm concealed in a purse.
Need to Know Info on Carrying Concealed in a Purse
- Make sure your firearm and any ammunition (magazines, speed loaders, etc.) are secure in their appropriate compartments.
- Do not place any other items like keys, makeup, etc. in the compartment that holds your firearm.
- Keep your purse with you.
- Never leave your purse lying around or hang it on the back of a chair.
- Wear the bag containing your firearm or, if seated, hold it on your lap or firmly between your feet.
For more useful information on shooting please check out my other shooting tips right here on the website and also read more in my book, SHOOT: Your Guide to Shooting and Competition available in both print and eBook.
[uds-billboard name=”billboard_blog_ads” ]