What a year! First off, to everyone who follows my shooting and this blog, I so appreciate your support! Even with taking a year off from the competition circuit to welcome a new little one to my family, I feel like I have been able to stay connected to the shooting world and it just shows that shooters are some of the best people.
It’s hard to believe that 2013 is almost over. Where does the time go? Before each year comes to an end, I like to look back on all the wonderful things that have happened before I lead the charge into the coming year with new hopes and goals. So with that, here are some of my favorite moments from 2013:
10. SHOT Show – In a couple of weeks I will be heading to Las Vegas to attend the SHOT Show. Last year I had a big ol’ pregnant belly and spent most of my show waddling to and from booths. It was certainly a whole new way to experience SHOT!
9. Getting Back in the Groove – I haven’t been able to put too many rounds down range, but all things considered I have still traveled a bit. Just a few months after the new baby was born I shot the USPSA Northern Rockies Section Championship and placed second in the Ladies Category. I also competed in the first IDPA Back Up Gun National Championships hosted by Smith & Wesson. Even with being rather rusty, I was able to capture a couple of stage wins and placed 2nd Woman behind Randi Rogers, who also happens to be undefeated in IDPA. Not too shabby if I do say so myself! Here’s a link to an article at Women’s Outdoor News and my match video from the competition.
8. NRA Women – While I was in Springfield, MA for the BUG Nationals a film crew for NRAWomen.TV was there to not only capture footage of me shooting the match, but they also did an in-depth interview. I truly appreciate the opportunity to share my story with members of the NRA and can’t wait to share the finished product.
7. As Seen In – Speaking of videos and such, it’s been an exciting year for making the press. Here are some links to places I have been featured in this year: Billings Gazette, The Daily Caller, Glasgow Courier, Gun Digest’s Getting Competitive with Julie Golob, Gun Up Magazine’s Best of the Best, Kate Krueger’s Talking Guns, NRA News, NRAWomen.TV’s New Energy Trailer, Outdoor Channel – Field to Fork with Julie Golob, Shooters Magazine, Smith & Wesson Feature – NRA Action Pistol Distinguished & 7 Years with Team Smith & Wesson, Washington Times – Third Century NRA, Women’s Outdoor News as a member of Team WON
6. More Pro-Tips – I am excited to report that I am back on Shooting USA for another six Pro-Tips for 2014. While I was at the BUG Nationals I filmed two tips on concealed carry that will especially appeal to women.
5. Gun Girl Radio – My co-host and fellow Smith & Wesson teammate Randi Rogers and I just wrapped a full year of fun Gun Girl Radio shows — 34 episodes! The response to our podcast has been better than we ever imagined and we look forward to putting out more informative shows next season.
4. Hunting Pronghorn for a Great Cause – This October I was asked to attend the inaugural Wyoming Women’s Antelope Hunt as a celebrity hunter. I also provided a field to fork venison cooking demonstration. It was a fantastic event that helped raise funding and awareness for the self-sufficiency of women and girls throughout Wyoming.
3. Mission Impossible – Joining the incredible Shooting USA Impossible Shots cadre as the first woman on the team has been a huge highlight for me. It’s been great fun testing my shooting skills exhibition style! Have ideas for the show? Please let me know!
2. USA! USA! USA! – This fall I received some awesome news! I am so honored to have the opportunity to represent Team USA at the 2014 IPSC World Shoot as a member of USPSA’s Ladies Production Team along with the talented Sara Dunivin, Maggie Reese and Cindi Thomas.
1. Family Blessings – I have been so blessed this year. From watching my five year old shooting for the first time to experiencing all the joys a newborn can bring, it’s been amazing spending time with my family. I treasure all the time I have with my little monsters – my Munchkin and Yeti.
I could go on and on talking about 2013, but it’s time to gear up for another new year. One last thing before I do — I have to say thank you so much once again for following! My best wishes to you and yours for a happy, healthy and prosperous 2014.