Game Day Wild Game Nacho Chili Bowl
A quick and too easy crockpot venison recipe perfect for game day, Cinco de Mayo or any time you're in the mood for the heat and crunch of this field to fork style Mexican classic.
Author: Julie Golob
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2T dried onions
- 1T olive oil
- 2 lbs. ground venison
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 24 oz of your favorite salsa verde
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
- On medium high heat add olive oil to pan. Once hot add ground venison, onions and a pinch of salt. Let venison cook until brown.
- Drain and rinse the cans of black beans and pour into a crockpot set on low. Add tomatoes and salsa. (I used one 16 oz jar of Pace Garlic & Lime Verde and 8 oz of La Victoria Thick 'n Chunky Salsa Verde, medium heat.) If you want a little more kick, add red pepper flakes. Once the venison is browned pour into the crockpot. Finish by adding the last pinch of salt, stir and leave on low for a couple of hours and until ready to serve.
- Scoop into bowls filled with tortilla chips and top with Mexican cheese, avocado, jalapeños and sour cream (or plain greek yogurt).