Now Available in Magpul® Original Equipment MOE SL® Models
Smith & Wesson today introduced the M&P 15-22 Sport™ MOE SL model (Magpul Original Equipment Slim Line). Now available with American-made Magpul accessories as standard equipment, the dedicated .22 LR M&P rifle retains the look and operating features of the company’s popular M&P rifle line, with the enhanced ergonomics of Magpul accessories.
“As we continue to offer shooters enhanced features and control on a factory built platform, we are especially excited about this new addition to our extremely popular family of M&P15-22 Sport rifles,” said Jan Mladek, General Manager of Smith & Wesson’s M&P Brand. “We continue to look for new and innovative ways to evolve the M&P rifle series and offer consumers enhanced features. Outfitting the M&P15-22 Sport MOE SL with Magpul original equipment is just another step in creating the ultimate shooting experience.
Engineered on a high strength polymer upper and lower receiver, the M&P15-22 Sport MOE SL delivers reduced weight and serves as an ideal training firearm for law enforcement, as well as a popular choice with consumers for recreational shooting purposes. In addition to the standard features of the M&P15-22 SPORT rifle, which include front and rear MBUS® folding sights and the M&P Slim M-LOK® handguard, the new M&P15-22 SPORT MOE SL models are equipped with a Magpul MOE SL mil-spec carbine stock, SL Grip, and Magpul Type2 M-LOK rail covers. The M&P15-22 SPORT MOE SL is available in black or flat dark earth finishes and comes complete with a 25 round .22LR magazine.
Magpul MOE SL Carbine Stock (Mil-spec) features:
- Improved cheek weld with sloped comb profile.
- Shielded ambidextrous release lever prevents snagging and accidental adjustment.
- Angled rubber butt pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection.
- Push button QD socket and sling loops for additional mounting options.
Magpul MOE SL Grip features:
- Greater vertical grip angle that bring the primary hand in closer to the shooter’s body.
- Beavertail backstrap for enhanced ergonomics.
- Slimmer width for a slightly smaller feel.
- Aggressive TSP texture (Trapezoidal Surface Projections) for positive control in all environments.
Magpul M-LOK Type 2 Rail Covers features:
- Heavily textured contact surface for positive control in all environments
The M&P15-22 SPORT MOE SL model has an MSRP of $499 and is sold with a limited warranty and a lifetime service policy. For more information on the M&P15-22 SPORT rifle models please visit www.smith-wesson.com. For more information on Magpul accessories, please visit www.magpul.com.